Antique Giltwood Chairs with Blue Velvet Cushions Set of 4
Matching set of four petite giltwood chairs have been paired with deep blue velvet cushions. The chairs have an open back with a spot to have additional cushion added. We have opted to leave it open as we find this add more interest to the chairs. The seat cushions are gently placed on the frame and have not been attached to allow their new owner to replace with a different seat if they choose without causing damage to the beautiful frames. The frames are so petite - measuring only 15" wide. They are giltwood and have a lovely spindle back that finish with a softly curved top finished with a carved ribbon. We found these lovely chairs with their tattered horsehair cushions in Southern France. Most likely 19th century or earlier. Seat height listed is without the cushion.
- IN THE STYLE OF Louis XVI
- PLACE OF ORIGIN France
- DATE OF MANUFACTURE Circa Early 1800s
- MATERIALS AND TECHNIQUES Velvet, Giltwood
- CONDITION DETAILS There are signs of repairs where the legs/seat connection on some of the chairs
- DIMENSIONS H 34 in. x W 15.5 in. x D 15 in.
- SEAT HEIGHT
- 15 in. (38.1 cm)